In this section:
Maybe you look for:
Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic - Centre for Recognition of Diplomas (CRD) recognizes qualification credentials (university diploma, degree certificate or certificate of final examinations) issued by a recognized foreign education institution for further study and other purposes, with the exception of regulated professions. The recognition is performed without the comparison of the scope and contents (only the level of obtained education is recognized). If a recognition in a particular study field is required, the responsible body is the higher education institution in Slovakia that offers the same or similar study programme.
The recognition process of the educational document begins by the receipt of the application. The application can be submitted using the form below or own letter that must contain the first name and surname of the applicant, permanent address or address of similar stay of the applicant, subject of the application, full name and address of the institution which issued the document, the year of completion of the education and applicant’s signature. In case the holder of the educational document is underage, the application is filled in by his/her legal guardian.
Application form for the recognition of level of higher education for further studies and other purposes:
- electronic forms at the Central Government Portal (www.slovensko.sk) - an electronic ID/eIDAS required for electronic submission
- copy of identification document
- certified copies of the formal evidence of completion of the education (diploma, diploma supplement, and/or degree certificate)
- proof of payment of the administrative fee
* In case of an application submitted electronically, the administrative fee is reduced by 50%. Electronic application can only be submitted only through the Central Government Portal (https://www.slovensko.sk), where the electronic version of this form is available. In case of electronic application, all the documents normally signed by the applicant bear an electronic signature and all the attachments which require certified copies are made by certified electronic conversion (own scans or photographs of the documents are not accepted).
Mandatory part of the application is legal translation of submitted documents, except for documents in Czech and Latin. In order to decrease the financial costs of applicants we accept their own translation of documents issued in the following languages: English, German, French, Russian and Hungarian. In case of doubt concerning the translation, CRD is entitled to request a legal translation from the applicant.
- 5 EUR if the qualification is covered by a bilateral agreement signed between the Slovak Republic and the country of origin (code in the web and mobile application eKolok: 1723)
- 30 EUR if the qualification is not covered by any of the bilateral agreements (code in the web and mobile application eKolok: 2218)
- via Receipt of Payment of Administrative / Judicial Fee (eStamp or eKolok), which can be purchased at selected offices of Slovenská pošta, a.s. (Slovak Post) in the required value
- via eKolok Mobile Application which is available at GooglePlay / App Store
- via eKolok Web Application, also called Virtual Kiosk, available at https://m.ekolky.gov.sk
- for applications submitted via the Central government portal (www.slovensko.sk) the payment prescription is generated by submitting the application (there is no need to buy eKolok in advance)
- Czech Republic (according to this presidential treaty, the level of education obtained in the Czech Republic is valid in the Slovak Republic without recognition for all purposes except the pursuit of a regulated profession)
- Germany (only documents issued after December 13, 2003)
- Poland (2006 treaty) / (2016 treaty)
- Russia (valid from 1 July 2020)
- China (valid from 1 September 2020, only documents issued after this date)
Submission of the application with documents:
1) by regular mail to the address:
Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic
Centre for Recognition of Diplomas
813 30 Bratislava
2) electronically via the Central Government Portal (Slovak only)
- Elektronická žiadosť o uznanie stupňa vzdelania pre štáty s bilaterálnou dohodou
- Elektronická žiadosť o uznanie stupňa vzdelania pre štáty bez bilaterálnej dohody
If the application doesn’t meet all the requirements, the process is going to be interrupted and the applicant will be prompted to submit the missing documentation or information. CRD decides within one month after the receipt of the complete application. The decision will contain the name of the equal qualification in the Slovak Republic.
Personal visits and consultations at the Centre for Recognition of Diplomas are cancelled until further notice. Applications can be submitted by post, via the Central government portal or depending on the current regime in the filing room.