Recognition of foreign diplomas
In case of foreign documents attesting completed education, the CRD deals with:
- professional recognition of evidence of formal qualifications and/or professional qualifications obtained abroad for the purpose of pursuit of selected regulated professions in the SR
- academic recognition of the level of higher education from the countries with a mutual bilateral agreement or members of the European higher education area for the purpose of continuation of studies or general purposes in the SR
- conversion of grades from foreign elementary of secondary school to Slovak classification scale.
- apostille and superlegalization of documents issued within the scope of the Ministry of Education, Science, Education and Sport of the SR
- confirmation of the qualifications of teaching regulated professions obtained in the SR exclusively for the foreign authorities.
CRD is part of ENIC (European Network of Information Centres) and NARIC (National Academic Recognition Information Centre) networks, and acts as an assistance centre for the recognition of professional qualifications according to the EU Directive 2005/36/EC on the recognition of professional qualifications.
Due to the risk of the spreading of the new coronavirus COVID-19, the consultations and visits at the Centre for Recognition of Diplomas are allowed only where necessary.
Applications (with an exception of apostille/superlegalisation) can be submitted in the filing room of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the SR during its office hours.
The entry of public on CRD premises is permitted only during its office hours and using the protective equipment covering the mouth and the nose (mask, respirator, scarf, etc.)
- The Slovak Research and Development Agency
- The Research Agency
- The National Institute for Education
- The National Institute for Certified Educational Measurements
- The State School Inspection
- The Slovak Centre of Scientific and Technical Information
- IUVENTA - Slovak Youth Institute
- The International Laser Centre
- Slovak Anti-doping agency
- Slovak Historical Institute in Rome
- The Museum of Education and Pedagogy
- EPALE - Electronic Platform for Adult Learning in Europe