Recognition of foreign diplomas
In case of education or training completed abroad, there are the following options of its official recognition in Slovakia:
- Professional recognition (recognition of professional qualifications) is the recognition of professional qualifications obtained abroad for the pursuit of regulated professions (the professions that require specific training and in case of a foreign qualification, a professional qualification recognition is required).
- Academic recognition applies to the continuation of studies or any other purpose, except for the pursuit of regulated professions. It is possible to recognize only the level of education, or the equivalence of the study field as well. Academic recognition does not apply to the Czech documents, which are in the sense of the bilateral presidential treaty equivalent to the Slovak documents automatically.
- Conversion of grades (marks) from foreign elementary of secondary schools into the Slovak classification scale (for the needs of Slovak schools).
- Apostille and superlegalization of documents issued within the scope of the Ministry of Education, Science, Education and Sport of the Slovak Republic (documents that bear the official seal and/or a signature of the official).
- Confirmation of the paedagogic qualifications (solely for the needs of foreign authorities).
CRD is part of ENIC (European Network of Information Centres) and NARIC (National Academic Recognition Information Centres) networks, and acts as an assistance centre for the recognition of professional qualifications according to the EU Directive 2005/36/EC on the recognition of professional qualifications.
In case you cannot find the information you are looking for or need a consultation, please contact us by email or by phone (please note that we are available for personal or phone consultations only during the consultation hours).
Due to the risk of the spreading of the new coronavirus COVID-19, the personal consultations and visits at the Centre for Recognition of Diplomas are currently not allowed.
Applications can be submitted by post or via the Central Government Portal.
- The Slovak Research and Development Agency
- The Research Agency
- The National Institute for Education
- The National Institute for Certified Educational Measurements
- The State School Inspection
- The Slovak Centre of Scientific and Technical Information
- IUVENTA - Slovak Youth Institute
- The International Laser Centre
- Slovak Anti-doping agency
- Slovak Historical Institute in Rome
- The Museum of Education and Pedagogy
- EPALE - Electronic Platform for Adult Learning in Europe