Professional recognition of qualifications
Recognition of qualification means recognition of university diploma, graduate diploma, certificate on professional qualification or other evidence of formal qualification issued by recognized foreign education institution of the EU member state or of the third country, as being equal to formal qualification issued by a competent authority in the Slovak Republic. Professional recognition means recognition for the purposes of job performance, where we discern between regulated professions and unregulated professions.
Regulated profession is a profession, professional activity or group of professional activities for performance of which, the fulfilment of qualification requirements stipulated by special regulations (apart from general qualification requirements such as the level of education, especially in the field of social, economic and legal sciences), is required.
List of regulated professions
Unregulated profession is a profession, for the performance of which there is no legal qualification requirement, or the qualification requirement is too general (level of education, especially in the field of social, economic and legal sciences).
- The Slovak Research and Development Agency
- Research Agency (former The Agency of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic for the Structural Funds of EU)
- The National Institute for Education
- The Institute of Information and Prognoses of Education
- The National Institute for Certified Educational Measurements
- The Methodology and Pedagogy Centre (Institution for Teacher´s Education and Training)
- The State School Inspection
- The Slovak Centre of Scientific and Technical Information
- The Research Institute for Child Psychology and Pathopsychology
- IUVENTA - Slovak Youth Institute
- The National Lifelong Learning Institute
- The International Laser Centre