Scholarships of the Government of the Slovak Republic
Slovak government scholarships have long been a part of Slovakia's official development assistance, which itself is a programme and project activity of the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs within the international community. Act No. 392/2015 Coll. on Development Cooperation and on amendment of certain acts and Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport Decree No. 50/2016 defining the details of awarding government scholarships entered into force on 1 January 2016. The Slovak government adopted the Medium-Term Strategy for Development Cooperation of the Slovak Republic for 2014 - 2018 and the Objectives of Bilateral Development Cooperation of the Slovak Republic 2017, which committed the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic in Section B.1 of Slovak Government Resolution No. 83/2017 to deliver on the objectives of bilateral development cooperation by awarding government scholarships.
Slovak government scholarships, under OECD-defined conditions for conducting official development assistance, include awarding the Slovak government scholarship to persons with Slovaks Living Abroad status. Award of such scholarships has become a part of state policy supporting Slovaks Living Abroad, which has developed gradually over time, with the adoption of Act No. 474/2006 Coll. on Slovaks Living Abroad and on amendment of certain acts, the establishment of the Office for Slovaks Living Abroad and the adoption of the Concept of State Policy of the Slovak Republic in relation to Slovaks Living Abroad to 2020 approved by Slovak Government Resolution No. 571/2015 on 21 October 2015.
The deadline for submission of online application form (available on the website: www.vladnestipendia.sk- the webpage will be active from 29 March, 2017), for the Government scholarships of the SR for the academic year 2017/2018 is 30 May, 2017.
- The Slovak Research and Development Agency
- Research Agency (former The Agency of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic for the Structural Funds of EU)
- The National Institute for Education
- The Institute of Information and Prognoses of Education
- The National Institute for Certified Educational Measurements
- The Methodology and Pedagogy Centre (Institution for Teacher´s Education and Training)
- The State School Inspection
- The Slovak Centre of Scientific and Technical Information
- The Research Institute for Child Psychology and Pathopsychology
- IUVENTA - Slovak Youth Institute
- The National Lifelong Learning Institute
- The International Laser Centre