National Scholarship Programme
Establishment of the National Scholarship Programme for the Support of Mobility of Students, PhD students, University Teachers and Researchers was approved by the Government of the Slovak Republic in 2005. The National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic is funded by the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic.
The National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic is intended to support mobility of foreign students, PhD students, university teachers and researchers to stay at Slovak universities and research institutions.
Types of scholarships
Citizens from following countries can apply for scholarships
- European Union member states - Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, the United Kingdom,
- other countries participating in the Bologna process (listed are only countries that are not stated in item a) - Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Georgia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, the Russian Federation, Serbia, Switzerland, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Turkey, Ukraine,
- Canada, Central American countries, Latin American countries, Mexico, the United States of America,
- Australia, China, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, the Republic of South Africa, the Republic of Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam.
Due to the mobility nature of the programme applicants cannot be considered if they have been studying, teaching or researching in Slovakia at the time of submitting their application.
More information: http://www.stipendia.sk/en
- The Slovak Research and Development Agency
- Research Agency (former The Agency of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic for the Structural Funds of EU)
- The National Institute for Education
- The Institute of Information and Prognoses of Education
- The National Institute for Certified Educational Measurements
- The Methodology and Pedagogy Centre (Institution for Teacher´s Education and Training)
- The State School Inspection
- The Slovak Centre of Scientific and Technical Information
- The Research Institute for Child Psychology and Pathopsychology
- IUVENTA - Slovak Youth Institute
- The National Lifelong Learning Institute
- The International Laser Centre