Minister of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic
JUDr. Mgr. Martina Lubyová, PhD.
JUDr. Mgr. Martina Lubyová, PhD. is a graduate of the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics and the Faculty of Law at Comenius University in Bratislava. She received a PhD. degree in economics from the State University of New York through post-graduate studies and a CERGE-EI in Prague as well as PhD. degree in Statistics from the University of Economics in Bratislava.
In her professional career she has worked at home and abroad, such as at the National Economics Institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences in Prague, the Tinbergen Institute in Amsterdam, Institut Für Höhere Studien in Vienna, the OECD in Paris, and the International Labor Organization at the Southern Asia Subregional Office in New Delhi and as Director of the Eastern Europe Subregional Office and Central Asia while based in Moscow.
Since 2010, Lubyová has been involved in research at the Slovak Academy of Sciences (SAS) Prognostic Institution, since 2013 as its Director, and since its merger with other SAS departments she has been the director of the newly established Center for the Social and Psychological Sciences at the SAS. She was involved in pedagogical activities at the Faculty of Social Sciences at Charles University in Prague and at the Faculty of Economic Informatics at the University of Economics in Bratislava. She is the author and co-author of over 100 scientific, professional and popularizing publications.
On 13 September 2017, Martina Lubyová was appointed Minister of Education, Science, Research and Sports of the Slovak Republic.
- The Slovak Research and Development Agency
- Research Agency (former The Agency of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic for the Structural Funds of EU)
- The National Institute for Education
- The Institute of Information and Prognoses of Education
- The National Institute for Certified Educational Measurements
- The Methodology and Pedagogy Centre (Institution for Teacher´s Education and Training)
- The State School Inspection
- The Slovak Centre of Scientific and Technical Information
- The Research Institute for Child Psychology and Pathopsychology
- IUVENTA - Slovak Youth Institute
- The National Lifelong Learning Institute
- The International Laser Centre